Karthik Krishna Amavasya is considered to be the most auspicious day to perform Laxmi puja. After the fierce battle of lord Rama and Raavan in Lanka, Laxmi puja was performed as a symbol of lord Rama’s victory over Ravan. The return of lord Rama to Ayodhya was celebrated with great pomp and show. Shree Rama was coronated and Laxmi puja was performed by the people of Ayodhya. Laxmi pujan is also commonly referred to as the Deepawali or Diwali puja which is also conducted in honor of Mata Sita. According to the legend, Goddess Laxmi came in the form of Mata Sita and by performing Laxmi pooja, Goddess Laxmi is pleased and she bestows her devotees with blessings and wealth. As houses are adorned and cleaned during Diwali, Goddess Laxmi brings in joy, prosperity and ensures that her worshippers live in peace and a state of well-being. A magnificent light of knowledge is said to be unfold on this day. This self-enlightenment is asserted through the gleaming lamps that illuminate the abode of the worshippers.
Laxmi Maata is an embodiment of power and intelligence as she holds the abhay gesture and gyaan gesture in her right hands. Her left hands hold a pot of wealth depiction what she can bestow upon any person. Hence, her four hands signify dharma, kaama, artha and moksha. One will see her radiate with a gorgeous golden complexion in all her depictions. Being the divinity of wealth, she adorns gold ornaments and is draped during a imperial red saree. She is always amid an elephant on each side, spraying water, that denotes purity, knowledge and a force of religious happiness.
Laxmi is usually prayed on the Amavasya night on Diwali. Another common Laxmi Puja is understood as the Ashta Laxmi Pooja. This Puja refers to praying to the eight divine forms of Devi Laxmi. except this, Maha Laxmi is also prayed during Navratri on the fourth, fifth and sixth Day that are dedicated to her. The prayers are meant to invoke Laxmi Maata’s blessings thus as to heal folks from pecuniary troubles and/or bless them with the correct and ethical data.
Any Laxmi Pooja that is finished with complete devotion blesses the believer with material and religious riches, removes obstacles and provides fulfillment within the completely different areas in life. Praying to every of the Ashta Laxmi provides specific advantages or reliefs like –
1. Keep all these things together at one place.
2. Place chawki on your place of puja. Spread red cloth on it.
3. Place photo/idol of Goddess Lakshmi, Saraswati and Lord Ganesha.
4. Place 3 heaps of raw rice in front of Goddess Lakshmi photo for Lord Vishnu, Kuber and Indra.
5. Light a lamp to start puja. This lamp should be kept lit overnight. Also light dhoop stick.
6. Pray Lord Ganesha to come and remove all obstacles during Lakshmi puja.
7. Now start Lakshmi puja. Put Tilak of roli and rice on forehead of Goddess Lakshmi.
8. Pray to Lord Vishnu to come along with Goddess Lakshmi.
9. Pray to Lord Kuber to come along with Goddess Lakshmi and give wealth.
10. Pray to Lord Indra to come along with Goddess Lakshmi and give prosperity.
11. Now do worship of Goddess Saraswati.
12. Now do worship of Elephants in photo. Offer a pair of sugarcane to elephants of Goddess Lakshmi.
13. Do Lakshmi Arti after this Puja.