Indian weddings have holy ceremonies that would include several rituals which are conducted with a help of a Pandit. A Pandit or priest is required to conduct your wedding ceremony as per your traditions. The Pandit/priest is an important vendor at your wedding as a wedding cannot be conducted without them. A pandit or priest is required to make your wedding as per your traditions. The Pandit/priest is a major supplier of your wedding as a wedding cannot be achieved without them. It is the role of the Hindu priest or pandit to lead a couple and their families through the sacrament of marriage. However, it is not uncommon for interfaith ministers to be called upon by Hindu brides and grooms, as well as for couples who love Hindu rituals, to incorporate some of the rites into non-denominational, interfaith, or multi-faith ceremonies.
Generally, couples choose to bring their community temple Pandits who their family members have known for years.
Whether you choose to go with someone familiar or are searching for Wedding pandits alone to conduct your ceremony, there are few things you need to consider:
• The ceremonies at weddings, pujas, and many other rituals need different ingredients like ghee, holy water, Tender coconuts, etc. It is important to know about the wedding Pandit / Priest will provide all the necessary elements, so you are not caught off guard during the wedding. In that case, it might become difficult to arrange for a backup plan!• Increasing inter-religious wedding, it is essential to know whether and how your wedding Pandit / Priest will conduct the ceremonies. There might be some particular ceremony you might want to carry out or something of the regular routine he carries out in both situations is prepared!
• Just check his availability, he may be required for pujas at home before or after the wedding. We advise booking a single pandit for the whole ceremony so you can call him whenever you require even the most minor ceremony to be done.
• Remember to ask about the ceremony can be adapted to the time frame you have in mind. Also, confirm the number of events.
• Check whether the wedding Pandit / Priest you are considering can perform the kind of ceremony you want. Check whether the ceremony can be changed into what both sets of families might want. This should mostly be done in events of interfaith marriage as it requires the pandit to be extremely careful and prepared.
• Kindly ask whether Pandit will make their own travel and accommodation expenses preparations or need you to do it, especially in the case of an out-of-town event. Also ask about will be required these preparations to his assistants.
• Confirm with him if he can arrange the necessities or would require help from your side to pull off the requirements. And if you are going to arrange for them a close discussion with the pandit won’t harm you!
• Finally, ask if he’s comfortable with cash or kind or both and arrange the gratitude likewise only!
Indian marriages are successful by the benign presence of the holy priests. The successful completion depends purely on your equation with marriage arrangers.